Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Louisiana Book Fesitval 2007

On Saturday, November 3, 2007, Louisiana celebrates its 5th annual State Book Festival in Baton Rouge at the Capitol. At this year's event I'm looking forward to presenting my new novel, WOMEN OF MAGDALENE, set in post-Civil War Louisiana, and to visiting with the marvelous state librarians, who organize the festival. I'm hoping to see friends Laura Joh Rowland (author of a thriller series set in feudal Japan) and Barbara Colley (author of the Charlotte LaRue mysteries) and meet writers Barbara Hambly and David Madden and many more.

Five years ago, when my first novel was published, Barbara Colley included me in the panel discussion she moderated at the first-ever Louisiana Book Festival. Since that time, Barbara has created many more adventures for her series character, Charlotte LaRue, who runs a housecleaning business in New Orleans--and cleans up crimes, too. Since that first LBF, Charlotte's been faced with the clean-up after Katrina, as well.

At that first festival, I was honored to share, along with the Louisiana State Librarians and many writers and readers, a warm feeling of success. Five years later, I'm still glowing and ready to celebrate again the joy of books. Laissez les bon temps rouler!

No comments: